httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache password
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:54:29 GMT
where is motDePasse? You have defined a relative path so apache will
look for $SERVER_ROOT/password/motDePasse. Is this the correct location?

-----Original Message-----
From: f.collineau [mailto:f.collineau@voila.fr]
Sent: Dienstag, 29. Oktober 2002 09:54
To: users
Subject: [users@httpd] apache password

Hi!

I would like to use a password for a directory.
In my directory i have created .htaccess:
AuthUserFile password/motDePasse
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName "Accès restreint avec mot de passe"
AuthType Basic

<Limit GET>
require valid-user
</Limit>

I have generated a file login/password file:
htpassword -c password/motDePasse serveurs

So when i look at my site i have a box asking enter login + password. So
i type my
login password But it doesn't accept them !

What is the problem (i'm sure that my password is OK) ?

Thanks
Franck

views of the sender's company.