httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Denying Read Access to File Extensions
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:45:42 GMT
Check out "FilesMatch" and "Deny" in the documentation...

-----Original Message-----
From: Billy Kendall [mailto:billy@billykendall.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 17. Oktober 2002 18:43
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Denying Read Access to File Extensions

I have enabled FancyIndexing for my server and I am wondering how I can
block read access to just certain file extensions.  I know I can block
people from seeing certain files with the <FILES> directive, but I want
users to be able to list the contents of a directory but block them from
actually downloading certain file extensions.  Is there a directive to
do this?

BILLY KENDALL
Cell: 214.334.3633
Fax: 703.935.7804