httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache and Samba problem
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:38:36 GMT
The essential problem is that you have a perl program which was written
on a Linux machine but you are trying to execute it on a Windows
machine. That is, a CGI program is executed on the machine running the
server which called it, not on the machine on which the program file
lives.

Even if you have perl installed on the windows machine, this cannot work
because the first line of a perl program contains the path to the perl
interpreter. On the Linux machine, this will be like:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

but on windows, it will be like:

#!C:\Perl\perl.exe

Obviously, these are not interchangeable :-)

If you simply want to store the programs on Linux and will only execute
them on the windows server, then change the shebang line to the windows
version. Otherwise, I don't think there is any way to have alternative
shebangs in the file..

views of the sender's company.