httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Four questions regarding Apache's configuration
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:06:36 GMT

Yes, but you have to redirecto to a local CGI program which will then handle the REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING
variable. See the ErrorDocument directive and following the link "documentation of customizable

>2)
>Is it possible to log "302 Page Moved" using Apache's CustomLog or any
>other directive? If you ask, then I am not using mod_rewrite
>and I don't
>intend to use it either.
>
>Much related to the same subject, how can I log other documents, like
>error document 403 and others?

302 is the response to a redirect you have defined. So you can trap it by setting an env.
See "SetEnvIf" for details. The you can use the conditional mechanism of CustomLog - see examples
in the docs.

>3)
>If 2) above is not viable, I wrote a simple PHP script to do the job.
>The problem is that if used with an 'ErrorDocument' directive, Apache
>will issue a 'Location:' header and the remote client would normally
>request it. By then, all information I needed for the previous request
>would be gone.
>
>The question is how can I run the PHP file in the previous
>session? this
>way I have all information I wanted for the first attempted request.

No idea about PHP...

>4)
>Generally asking, is there a known and trusted source of 'known bugs'
>that affects Apache? A good example of a known bug is the phf* or the
>Code Red worm.

Code red doesn't affect apache - it is a II/S virus. There are no known bugs in the current
version of apache (1.3.27). The main source of reference is the apache website http://httpd.apache.org/.