httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Whats happening on rewrite
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:51:18 GMT
>From: Eric Persson [mailto:eric@persson.tm]
>
>Ok, thanks for your tips, I will try to debug this further to reach to
>the point. What kind of tool are you using to debug this on the
>commandline? Is it available for preferably linux?

I literally mean the unix command line - it's really a telnet to port 80. You simply do:

$ telnet www.sika.se 80

then, when you get the prompt back:

GET /Produktblad/Sika-1%20PB.PDF HTTP/1.0
[RETURN][RETURN]

Then you will see what the server returns. I your case, you get a 302 response which contains
a new URL (index.com?etc..). You can then repeat the process for the new URL.

PS - is it absolutely necessary to have the space in the filename? That is a thing to be shunned
whenever possible :-)