httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Whats happening on rewrite
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 07:42:42 GMT
How are you using mod_rewrite? If you use the [R] flag, mod_rewrite sends a redirect to the
client to the new URL. This has the advantage that the URL in the browser location bar is
updated - this may be what you want. However, this might screw up IE...

If you are not using the [R] flag, then all the rewriting is done on the server side and the
browser should be none the wiser - hence shouldn't complain...

Post an extract from your rewrite log showing a full transaction and post a copy of your rewrite
rules again (I've lost the original post) and I'll look again.