httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Auto Adding Header Text to HTML doc
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:50:03 GMT
You're looking for a directive like:

IncludeInFilesMatch *.html "<b>New included text!</b>"

...there ain't no such thing. Apart from not currently existing, I'm not
sure such a thing is even possible - how would apache know where to put
the new string, for one thing?

Apache is basically a file server. It doesn't modify files itself but,
rather, uses handlers to modify them. To include data dynamically, you
have to use SSI, CGI, PHP or some other server-sided processing.

On the other hand, if your files have a common structure, it is quite
easy to do a quick replacement with sed or perl, e.g.

$ sed -e "s/old text/new text" < file.html > temp && mv temp file.html

views of the sender's company.