httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stone, Timothy" <tst...@cityofhbg.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache/Tomcat one machine
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 17:03:45 GMT
This should be possible. It certainly is not impossible.

You may want to investigate IP virtual hosts here. I'm currently doing this, but two (2) Tomcats,
One Apache (more info at www.ubeans.com/tomcat)

It should not effect the other uses you describe, but I hope the machine is a brute; that's
a lot of load.

Regards,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 11:49
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache/Tomcat one machine

Is it possible to run an instance of Apache for PHP applications as well as Tomcat for Java/Struts
applications on the same machine simultaneously?  If so, will this affect the possibility
of running all that I could using Red Hat 8.0, i.e. mail server, DNS server, ftp server, CVS
server, SSL, etc. all on the same machine?  If not possible, why?

Is there info on this in the manual?

-J