httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] JAVASCRIPT VIRII - myth? or fact?
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:51:18 GMT
Jacob Coby wrote:
>>you may want to consider not having javascript enabled, this one
>>actually deleted command.com ( or the nt family equivalent )
>>and replaced with a corrupted one.
>

> That'll last all of 5 min.  You can barely use my site with javascript
> disabled.  Hell, you can't even login.

and it would be a site I never visit.
I went through the sources for my own browser to completely remove
javascript capability.
months ago.
javascript is also the main culprit in pop up adds, which was the
primary reason to remove it. then I started learning about javascript
virii and had yet another reason to not have javascript.