httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt Harris <...@mdh.si.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL Certificate based client authentication
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:41:57 GMT
I'm trying to create a script to handle user authentication (the script
needs to do it itself, not via an apache auth module) which
authenticates based upon certain characteristics of the client's SSL
certificate.  A document on the web pointed me to the SSL_CLIENT_DN
variable to get a DN from the client's certificate.  I've also setup the
SSLCACertificateFile and SSLVerifyClient optional options in my
VirtualHost entry for the SSL site.  However, the SSL_CLIENT_DN env var
is not being set.  Is this different as of apache 2.x ?  Is there
another env var I should be using for this?

--
/*
 *