httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robb Garrioch <ro...@attbi.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache on linux networking question
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:52:53 GMT
Jacob,

The win98 box does not recognize the linux machines ip address at all (via
ping).  When I configured the Network Card on the linux box it filled in all the
network configurations after I entered the IP address I wanted ... I then
changed them paralleling the NT setup.  Maybe I shouldn't have done this.

Robb

Jacob Coby wrote:

> This is a DNS problem.  You need to either edit the hosts file on the win98
> machine so that dualproc points to the linux machine's ip address, or setup
> a dns server on the linux machine and have your 98 machine use it as a
> primary dns.

Robb Garrioch
(206) 522-3291