httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robb Garrioch <ro...@attbi.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache on linux networking question
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:15:59 GMT
Hi,  Any info is greatly appreciated!   I have three computers hooked to
a linksys router connected to a cable modem ... one, is a win98 box
(dynamic ip)... two, a NT 4.0 box with IIS (static ip) ... and three a
Red hat Linux 6.2 machine (static ip).  I would like the win98 machine
to be able to surf to the Linux box which is running Apache.  Currently
the win98 machine can easily surf to the NT web server which was
configured with a static IP address and the DNS of my ISP (ex:
http://some_nt_server/some_virtualdir/somefile.htm works fine).  For one
thing the Apache is running and can be reached through the browser on
the Linux machine via http://127.0.0.1/index.html.  Httpd.conf is
configured such that the machines name is "dualproc" ... but
http://dualproc/index.html doesn't work.  How do I set this mini network
up such that the win98 box would see http://dualproc/index.html?  I'm
thinking that this is an Apache configuration problem but I'm not really
sure.  I configured the Linux box's network settings exactly as I did
the NT box's network settings except I added a 1 to the last integer of
the ip address.

Robb