httpd-users mailing list archives

From sou...@netscape.com (Souvik Das)
Subject [users@httpd] Porting from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.0
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:11:59 GMT
Hi,
    I am starting to port my Apache1.3 code to Apache2.0. I have some
questions about some APIs that were present in 1.3 but is not present in
2.0.

    * In 1.3, there were APIs like ap_soft_timeout(),
ap_reset_timeout(), ap_kill_timeout() etc. I couldn't find them in 2.0.
I have looked in the web site, downloaded the source code (for both
1.3.27 and 2.0.43). Are there corresponding APIs for 2.0? If not, what
would I replace those calls by in 2.0? Has the programming model
regarding timeouts changed from 1.3 in 2.0?

    * In 1.3, I used the method ap_send_http_header(request_rec*). This
no longer seems to be available in 2.0. Has this been replaced by some
other call?

    * In 1.3, I used ap_bclose(BUFF*) to close connections etc. How do I
do that in 2.0? The ap_bclose(BUFF*) does not seem to be there in 2.0.

    Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Souvik

ps:  I have googled for these issues and didn't have much luck. I am
also looking into the source code (for 2.0 and 1.3) for hints - but
haven't had much success yet.