httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Algier <...@ulticom.com>
Subject [users@httpd] error: ... requires APR-util to ...
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 14:23:07 GMT
Am I missing something on how to configure apr-util?

I tried to build apache 2.0.42 with "--enable-mods-shared=all" and
and could not because of errors from the mod_auth_digest part of the
build saying something about APR-util needing to be built with some
sort of random support.  I added "--disable-auth-digest" to get around
this.

I then built apache, it ran fine, but there was no LDAP support.  So I
added "--enable-ldap --enable-auth-ldap".  Now I get:
mod_auth_ldap.c:82:2: #error mod_auth_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP suppor
t built in

Ok, how do I build APR-util correctly?  Doesn't the top level configure
run configure APR-util?  Shouldn't it "know" to configure it with the
needed features?  Is there any way to pass arguments to the lower level
configure run from the top?  Is there some documentation on this somewhere
that I missed?

I cd'd into the APR-util directory and ran configure there like:
     configure  --with-apr=../apr \
         --with-ldap-lib=/usr/local/lib \
         --with-ldap-include=/usr/local/include
[I have openldap from sunfreeware.com installed in /usr/local]

The configure runs, a "make clean; make" builds it, but there still seems
to be no LDAP in it as the apache make fails again.

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ          gaa at ulticom.com             +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054      Fax:+1 856 866 2033