httpd-users mailing list archives

From Greg Baumgartel <gbaum...@qmail.qwest.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Child Segmentation Fault closing .htaccess
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 18:20:09 GMT
William C (Bill) Jones wrote:
> On 10/7/02 1:38 PM, "Greg Baumgartel" <gbaumgar@qmail.qwest.net> wrote:
>
>>Your Perl is uselargefiles enabled, but Apache is not, suggestions:
>>   *) Rebuild mod_perl with Makefile.PL PERL_USELARGEFILES=0
>>   *) Rebuild Apache with CFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
>>   *) Rebuild Perl with Configure -Uuselargefiles
>>   *) Let mod_perl build Apache (USE_DSO=1 instead of USE_APXS=1)

I've tried it a bit more.  I don't think it's mod_perl at all.  I took
mod_perl out of the httpd.conf, didn't compile it into apache at all, and
I'm still seeing the child segfaults.  It seems to be something dealing
with the .htaccess files and auth modules....again, it only happens when
there's an .htaccess that has an AuthType directive in it (both Basic and
SecurID).

Thanks,

Greg Baumgartel                                         (303) 226-9941
Qwest Information Technologies
Lead SW Development Engineer                  gbaumgar@qmail.qwest.net