httpd-users mailing list archives

From Greg Baumgartel <gbaum...@qmail.qwest.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Child Segmentation Fault closing .htaccess
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 17:38:29 GMT
William C (Bill) Jones wrote:

>>>Is Perl compiled with USELARGEFILES support ?
>>

>>Yes, it is.  This has something to do with .htaccess stuff?  I can easily
>>recompile perl without it if it makes a difference.....
>

> And when you built mod_perl it didn't warn you this was a problem?  I would
> try building mod_perl again BEFORE messing with Perl.  They can co-exist if
> done properly.

I've re-build mod_perl (1.27) several times.  My basic recipe for this is:

perl Makefile.PL \
      APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.27/src \
      DO_HTTPD=1 \
      USE_APACI=1 \
      PREP_HTTPD=1 \
      EVERYTHING=1

make -j3

Didn't see any warnings about large file support.  Looking through
Makefile.PL, though, I would expect this message if there were a problem:

Your Perl is uselargefiles enabled, but Apache is not, suggestions:
     *) Rebuild mod_perl with Makefile.PL PERL_USELARGEFILES=0
     *) Rebuild Apache with CFLAGS="-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64"
     *) Rebuild Perl with Configure -Uuselargefiles
     *) Let mod_perl build Apache (USE_DSO=1 instead of USE_APXS=1)

Suppose I can try the first suggestion....

Thanks,
Greg Baumgartel                                         (303) 226-9941
Qwest Information Technologies
Lead SW Development Engineer                  gbaumgar@qmail.qwest.net