httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DefaultType cgi-script not functioning
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 16:55:38 GMT
Ed Hebner wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to do DefaultType cgi-script in 2.0.40
>
> I have just upgraded from std redhat 7.3 to RedHat 8.0... Al was working fine
> with previous version of apache but not now...
>
> I have tried it in the httpd.file and also in .httaccess in the directory I
> need the script to be the DefaultType for... BTW the script is a c++ compiled
> script named "my" no extension

That was really a feature that just "accidentally" worked in 1.3.

To get the same effect in 2.0, there are several choices.  One is

<Files my>
SetHandler cgi-script
</Files>

If you really want all extensionless files to be cgi scripts, you can
probably use something like
<FilesMatch ^[^.]*$>
SetHandler cgi-script
</FilesMatch>