httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Persson <e...@persson.tm>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Whats happening on rewrite
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:25:42 GMT
Eric Persson wrote:
> I'll do some more debugging with help of a telnet client and see if I
> get somewhat wiser.

I have partly solved my problem with the  rewrite pdfdownload from a
page through a phpfile.
I did this with the following rewriterule:
RewriteRule ^/Produktblad/(.*)  /get_file.php?directory_id=1&file=$1

The problem I had was that Internet Explorer(worked in other browsers)
couldnt download the pdf correctly when the url was typed in to the
urlfield directly, but it worked when clicking on a link to go to the
same url.

The problem seems to belong to the following header:
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0,
pre-check=0

It is a header that belongs to phps builtin sessionhandeling, however
I'm not sure what this means in the detailed reality..
I read some things about the Cache-Control in rfc 2616 but I couldnt
find anything about post-check and pre-check. Any tips or suggestions
would be appreciated.

I hope at least someone got this far down in the mail.. ;)

/Eric