httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts and Space Limitations
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 20:33:52 GMT
Mark Hoover wrote:
> Greetings listmembers,
>
> I've got a couple questions that I can't seem to find answers to.....
>
> I've have a webserver setup with virtual servers.  If a user types out the full name
of the server (ie. logout.nps.k12.va.us), the user can access the website just fine.  If the
user only types in the hostname (ie. logout), they get the default virtual server.  I've checked
the search domains and the workstation domain and they're setup properly.

See the ServerAlias directive.

> The other thing I'm having troubles finding is the keywords on how to set transfer restrictions
(ie. how to set a website to only be allowed to send 1G of data a month)

That either requires a third-party module (mod_bandwidth, mod_throttle,
etc), or you can process the access_logs counting bandwidth and lock a
virtual host after-the-fact.

Joshua.