httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [OT] Top 20 Security [Apache ?]
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 00:31:38 GMT
if said administrators also went over the logs andtracked down the isp's
for the servers infected with server based virus, then reported to the
isp in question there would be a lot less of them out there.
I did with my own isp, since a significant number of thier ip's are
infected, they are getting on the cases of the admins responsible.

also, reporting hacking attempts to the isp for the hacker will stop
that from happening, since the isp will close account on them. ( someone
tried to hack my wife's computer, the apache log showed it nicely. only
took 24 hours for the isp to shut the person down. )