httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Persson <e...@persson.tm>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Whats happening on rewrite
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:16:13 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:
> I literally mean the unix command line - it's really a telnet to port 80. You simply
do:

> $ telnet www.sika.se 80
Oh, ok I thought you might have some magic tool thats good for stuff
like this, but I guess telnet will do. :)

> PS - is it absolutely necessary to have the space in the filename? That is a thing to
be shunned whenever possible :-)
Well, actually... no, but this is really translation table from an old
system to a new one so if I change the name the old stuff will break. :(
So I'll have to go with the %20 until updating is finished, but still I
need to fix this problem.
I'll do some more debugging with help of a telnet client and see if I
get somewhat wiser.

Thanks,
    Eric