httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Persson <e...@persson.tm>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Whats happening on rewrite
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:26:53 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:
> If you are not using an [R] flag then you must have another Redirect directive or RewriteRule
which is causing the redirect. Your server is definately responding with a 302 to the original
URL. The problem is that the redirected URL is confusing IE.

> I seem to recall that your original rule (I no longer have the post) produced something
like "get_something.php". However, the URL being passed to the browser is "index.com?etc.."
So this must be coming from a subsequent redirect rule. In other words:

> - browser requests "file.pdf"
> - Rewritten internally to "get_something.php" (no redirect)
> - second rewrite or redirect traps "get_something.php" and makes a 302 to "index.com?etc.."

> - browser gets "index.com?etc.." and barfs.
>
> Check carefully all your rewrites/redirects etc. and test your server on the command
line to see its real responses.

Ok, thanks for your tips, I will try to debug this further to reach to
the point. What kind of tool are you using to debug this on the
commandline? Is it available for preferably linux?

Thanks again,
    Eric Persson