httpd-users mailing list archives

From William C. (Bill) Jones <wcjo...@fccj.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL server problem
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 02:28:38 GMT
The problem is neither SSL, nor Apache related per se - the issue is ---

What PORT to listen to on which IP?  You only get one 443 port per IP.

What you can do is get a signed cert,e t al, for these PORTs (for
one IP) -

443
1443
2443
3443
4443
5443

etc etc etc

For each Virtual Host.

No big deal really...  That is why it is said that it cannot be
done -- why?  Because doing all the PORT hopping -
http://your.domain:5443/ is too weird to handle...

Cheers!
-Sx- :