httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] The / required at the end of a URL?
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:09:41 GMT
Hi there,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 08:46:15PM -0800, Verizon wrote:
> I'm brand new here and I'm no Linux expert.  I read the FAQ and I know this issue pertains
to the inability of the server to figure out the server name.  I've tried everything I can
think of and I can't get it to work.

> Specifically, my URL is http://www.bigdaddyo.com/forsale/
>
> Yes, you have to put in the final / and I don't know why.

Check your httpd.conf and make sure that ServerName is set to
'www.bigdaddyo.com'

You might also want to try putting 'UseCanonicalName Off' into your server
configuration, however this generally should not be necessary if you have
set ServerName correctly.

HTH,

Zac