httpd-users mailing list archives

From Giles Burdett <gi...@ystv.york.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Hole in logs
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:38:14 GMT
Hi there,

We've recently had a problem, which appears to be a one-off, with holes
appearing in apache logs. Bizarrely, only the access and error logs for
one of the sites we host was affected, and eight days of data just
randomly disappeared - then apache just carried on as normal after the
eight day gap. We're pretty well convinced that we hadn't altered any of
apache's configuration during this time - the daemon was just sitting
there running happily to itself. Has anyone ever experienced anything like
this before, and if so what caused it?

Thanks,

Giles

 Computing Officer