httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ron Savage <...@savage.net.au>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] V 2.0.39 and WinNT and DOS Windows
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:42:16 GMT
On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:45:26 -0700, Bruce Douglas wrote:

Hi Bruce

>Nope.. It's not a bug. It's the way command line programs operate.

Correct.

>However,
>as I recall, there is a way to "turn-off/disable" the display of a
>command
>window when spawning a new command/console application. Do search on

Correct.

>Google
>using terms ---> "console application"/windows/disable/spwan/.. This
>should
>get you in the right area.
>
>I believe it has to do with the parameters that you send the cmd
>interpreter.

Ahh, but that's just it. I'm not sending parameters to cmd. I'm using
Perl's backtics to say `perl script.pl params`.

If I run a command line Perl program which uses backtics to run
another command line Perl program, I do not get these DOS windows
flashing. It's something to do with the Apache operating environment.

Any other ideas?

--
Cheers
Ron Savage, ron@savage.net.au on 27/10/02