httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] "bad user nobody" - why nobody?
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:54:52 GMT
-> no it can be any user who you define (without root :)). its your choice.
-> but you must say apache in httpd.conf which user he shoud take to start
-> the server.

This is in my httpd.conf:

User httpd
Group nextra

I would not wonder about this if i had 'nobody' in config file.
But it seems apache has user 'nobody' compiled in and I'd like to know
what's happening.
--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 Chernobyl was an Windows 95 beta test site.