httpd-users mailing list archives

From "abw" <...@synapseglobal.com>
Subject [users@httpd] problem starting apache
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:09:06 GMT
I'm having a very strange problem. We have Solaris 8 on a sparcstation and
the OS had to be reinstalled last night. The same version was put back.

We are still using apache 1.3.19 on that server, and as far as apache goes,
nothing has changed. When I try to start apache I get this error:

Ouch! ap_mm_create(1048576, "/...path.../httpd.mm.1259") failed
Error: MM: mm:core: failed to acquire shared memory segment (Invalid
argument):
OS: No such file or directory

The path above is actually right, I just changed it in the message.

I have never seen this error before. What might I have to do? I really don't
want to recompile apache.

Thanks!
Aaron