httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Alexander <...@mail.thefriend.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Block Frontpage from grabbing site
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 23:59:55 GMT
Throttling based on IP address is your best bet.  Determine some
reasonable maximum for number of hits per time period, and then any user
who goes over it gets throttled or shut out.

Search for throttle on http://modules.apache.org/search

Randal Schwartz had written one for his web techniques column also, but
I can't find it on his home page anymore.

One down side of this is that if you have a small site, the user may get
all of the site prior to the throttling kicking in.

Scott