httpd-users mailing list archives

From PeterKorman <calvin-apache...@eigenvision.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: access log -- GET /scripts/..%%35%63../winnt/system32
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:38:15 GMT
On Sun, Oct 20, 2002 at 12:43:02PM -0700, J. Greenlees wrote:
> actually, if you check the agreement with your isp, you will find a line
> that requires you to clean viruses out of your system, report the
> offending ip to their isp, they will have to clean it out.
> (I send 10 mb of access log to my isp, since a lot of their clients had
> both codered and nimda, they thanked me and the number of these hits has
> dropped drastically)

There is more than 1 ISP involved. A lot more. I'm up over 300 addresses
I'm blocking.

Is there an easy way to determine the ISP contact to whom I must mail
the logs?

host x.y.z.w

will give me dns info but that means tracking down the responsible vendor.
I guess it makes sense to do it for the bandwidth emancipation and the
ISP coersion that might result. Thanks.

JPK