httpd-users mailing list archives

From Greg Ward <gw...@mems-exchange.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Rewriting a URL handled by ProxyPass
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:41:42 GMT
Question about the intersection of mod_proxy and mod_rewrite (this is
Apache 1.3.26): is it possible for RewriteRule to affect a URL that is
handled by a ProxyPass directive?

Here's what I'm trying to do: I want the web server for memsnet.org to
look like it has a local Mailman installation, even though the mail
server and Mailman installation for this domain are on another server
(mail.mems-exchange.org).  I know I can do this on the memsnet.org web
server:

  ProxyPass /mailman http://mail.mems-exchange.org/mailman

and that works fine... unless I *also* want to redirect "/mailman" and
"/mailman/" to "/mailman/listinfo".  When I tried this:

  RewriteRule ^/mailman/?$ /mailman/listinfo
  ProxyPass /mailman http://mail.mems-exchange.org/mailman

the RewriteRule had no effect.  I suspect it's simply not possible to
rewrite a URL handled by ProxyPass.  Correct?  Or is there a trick I
haven't stumbled across?

Thanks --

        Greg
--