httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rudolf Wolf <rudolf.w...@dantax.cz>
Subject [users@httpd] Howto stop applying .htaccess file
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:09:28 GMT
Hello,

I have on my own website HTTPS server and I use .htaccess file to restrict access to directories
via LDAP authentization. Now I need one the subdirectory have no LDAP but CERTIFICATE authorization.
But I'm not able to stop applying .htaccess file with LDAP commands to subdirectory. My situation
is:

DocumentRoot "/var/secured"

<Directory "/var/secured">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

<Directory /var/secured/test>
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

The LDAP .htaccess file is in "/var/secured" to have automatically authorized acces to newly
created directories. In "/var/secured/test" is no .htaccess file and authorization is written
in ssl.conf file.

When I moved the .htaccess file in directory "/var/secured" out, then the certificate based
authorization is working properly. But I need have both together.

I'm using Debian 2.2v6, Apache 2.0.39, OpenSSL.

Can you help someone help me?
Rudolf Wolf