httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Taylor <scott.tay...@4i-dotcom.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Install
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:04:19 GMT
Hi

Sorry I have Red Hat 7.3.

Here is output from the commands you gave me:

[root@localhost init.d]# which httpd
/usr/sbin/httpd

[root@localhost init.d]# httpd -V
Server version: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)
Server built:   Oct  7 2002 09:42:48
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:13
Server compiled with....
 -D EAPI
 -D HAVE_MMAP
 -D HAVE_SHMGET
 -D USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD
 -D USE_MMAP_FILES
 -D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
 -D HARD_SERVER_LIMIT=1024
 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr"
 -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/sbin/suexec"
 -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/httpd/httpd.pid"
 -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="/var/httpd/httpd.scoreboard"
 -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/httpd/httpd.lock"
 -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/log/httpd/error_log"
 -D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/conf/mime.types"
 -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf"
 -D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/conf/access.conf"
 -D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/httpd/conf/srm.conf"

[root@localhost init.d]# ps -ef |grep apache
root      4607  3953  0 15:10 pts/1    00:00:00 grep apache

1. You say concatenate to get actual Apache path, but the HTTPD_ROOT is /usr
and SERVER_CONFIG_FILE is /etc...

2. The file DEFAULT_PIDLOG path (/var/httpd/httpd.pid) does not appear to
exist in my filesystem, and using ps ax shows no httpd process

3. tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log just sits there and thinks (maybe really
long file)

Here is output looking for S50apache (which I don't appear to have either)

[root@localhost rc.d]# grep httpd init.*/*
init.d/httpd:# processname: httpd
init.d/httpd:# pidfile: /var/run/httpd.pid
init.d/httpd:# config: /etc/httpd/conf/access.conf
init.d/httpd:# config: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
init.d/httpd:# config: /etc/httpd/conf/srm.conf
init.d/httpd:        daemon httpd
init.d/httpd:        touch /var/lock/subsys/httpd
init.d/httpd:              killproc httpd
init.d/httpd:        rm -f /var/lock/subsys/httpd
init.d/httpd:        rm -f /var/run/httpd.pid
init.d/httpd:        status httpd
init.d/httpd:        echo -n "               httpd"
init.d/httpd:        killproc httpd -HUP
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:# processname: httpd
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:# pidfile: /var/run/httpd.pid
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:# config: /etc/httpd/conf/access.conf
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:# config: /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:# config: /etc/httpd/conf/srm.conf
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:httpd=/usr/sbin/httpd
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:prog=httpd
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:# Find the installed modules and convert their names into
arguments httpd
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:        daemon $httpd `moduleargs` $OPTIONS
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:        [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && touch /var/lock/subsys/httpd
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:   killproc $httpd
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:   [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && rm -f /var/lock/subsys/httpd
/var/run/httpd.pid
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:   killproc $httpd -HUP
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:        status $httpd
init.d/httpd.rpmsave:   if [ -f /var/run/httpd.pid ] ; then

Am I going to have to do a reinstall?

Scott