httpd-users mailing list archives

From "abw" <...@synapseglobal.com>
Subject [users@httpd] problem with ssl and cgi
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:53:34 GMT
Well I might have found part of the problem, but not all of it. That cgi
script I mentioned earlier that was giving a page not found is actually
using ssl. I found that mod_ssl wasn't in the compiled in module list. I
fixed that and made sure the typical mod_so and mod_ssl are there now, and
they both are.

Apache compiled fine, configtests, stops and starts with no problem, but no
matter what that page comes up with the same cannot be displayed error.

All appropriate lines I can find in the httpd.conf are uncommented.

Port 80, Listen 80 and Listen 443 are all enabled. The web entry in question
has the IP address:443 and all SSL keys lines there. The SSLEngine On
directive is uncommented as well.

The only thing I can think of is that possibly the libssl.so file is old. I
compiled 2.8.11, then compiled apache with mod_ssl, but the libexec
directory shows a libssl.so from over a year ago. I would think if that old
object file is incompatible, apache wouldn't start?

Could that be my problem?