httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jirka Vejrazka" <...@writeme.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to call custom DLL from Apache [Windows]
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2002 17:32:00 GMT
Hello everyone,

  I need to call custom DLL library from Apache (replacing MS IIS, where it works). I have
a directory  on the webserver, where I have test.exe (just displaying environment values in
HTML table) and dll library that must be called through Apache (using something like 'POST
/application/custom.dll')

I've managed to call test.exe from the web browser (using Options ExecCGI and ScriptAlias
directives in httpd.conf), but I'm unable to find out how to call the .dll library. I always
get HTTP response 500 and "%1 is not a valid Win32 application" in errorlog.

  Does anyone have a clue how to make this working? It may be easy, but I'm UN*X oriented
now and can't find a way :-(
  I would really like to switch that application from MS IIS to Apache and this is the last
piece that blocks me.

  Thank you in advance

     Jirka Vejrazka
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

"Free price comparison tool gives you the best prices and cash back!"
http://www.bestbuyfinder.com/download.htm