httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam Cormany <acorm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] TransferLog Question
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:44:40 GMT
Ok, that makes sense. To even try to make it simplier
for testing purposes, let's say I do this:
CustomLog "| rotatelogs /apache/logs/apache.access_log
86400" combined

I've tried this, restarted apache, get no errors, yet
nothing is now reaching my access_log. I check my PATH
and I have my apache/bin in it, and I do have
apache/bin/rototelogs as 755 perms.

If I run:
CustomLog "/apache/logs/apache.access_log" combined

Everything is writen to the access_log without issues.
Somewhere in either my syntax or something missing,
rotatelogs is stopping all writing to my access_log
and also not rotating the access_log at all.

Any ideas?