httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Wards <j.wa...@sportnetwork.net>
Subject Re: AW: [users@httpd] mailman & apache
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2002 09:33:34 GMT
In your httpd.conf you should have something like the following

<VirtualHost your_server_ip:your_port_number>
    ServerName my.listserver.org
    ServerAlias my.listserveralias.org
    DocumentRoot /path/to/public_html/
    ScriptAlias / /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
    Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/
</VirtualHost>

I have the ScriptAlias set up like

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/

So if someone points to my.list.org/mailman they get
/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
And if they point to my.list.org they get my public_html directory.

What you want to do is just display the stuff in ~mailman/cgi-bin/ at
my.listserver.org? Well I think you would do it like this....

DocumentRoot /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
ScriptAlias / /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/

I think.....

If you are still stuck sign-up for the mailman mailing list

Cheers
John