httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Failure running CGI script using perl
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 15:19:04 GMT
Hi Sil,

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 09:01:40AM -0400, Silvino C. Ferreira wrote:
> Zac Stevens wrote:
> > What happens when you run the script by typing:
> >
> > /var/www/cgi-bin/first.pl
>
> I get the following
>    : bad interpreter: No such file or directoryerl
>
> and yes their is a erl after the word directory.

Okay, this is the cause of the problem - however it's very odd and I don't
have a good answer for you!

One possibility is that there are some bad control characters in your
script.  For example, if you create a file under Windows and then copy it
to your unix machine, it may have broken line endings represented as '^M'
in the file.

For Apache to run your script as a CGI, you need to be able to run it by
hand on the command line.  Until the script works that way, it definitely
will not run as a CGI.

I hope this at least takes you a step closer to a solution.

Cheers,

Zac