httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Failure running CGI script using perl
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 08:07:49 GMT
Hi Silvino,

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 12:07:11AM -0400, Silvino C. Ferreira wrote:
> I have checked the script by running it through the command
>     /etc/bin/perl  first.pl
> and it creates valid html.
>
> I have verified that /usr/bin/perl does exist and that it has
> permissions of 755.

I presume that's a typo above where you say /etc/bin/perl ?
Anyway, that part is immaterial as Apache does not invoke the CGI script
in that way.

What happens when you run the script by typing:

/var/www/cgi-bin/first.pl

at your command prompt?  My first guess would be that you do not have
execute permissions on the script.  If that's the case,

chmod 755 /var/www/cgi-bin/first.pl

will correct it.

HTH,

Zac