httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] same subdomain for a lot of domains
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:50:56 GMT
Hi Roman,

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 12:19:19PM +0200, Roman wrote:
> Do I have to write 20 times <virtualhost>, one for each domain or is there a
> way how to solve this in a more comfortable way ?
>
> Something like
> <virtualhost ...>
>   servername mail.*
>   documentroot /www/system/webmail
> </...>

As suggested by another poster, mod_rewrite will probably give you the
"cleanest" solution, at the cost of some complexity.

Although you cannot use a wildcard in your ServerName directives, you may
want to look at the ServerAlias directive.  This will allow you to use a
single virtualhost for your solution, however you will need to individually
list each hostname as a ServerAlias

HTH,

Zac