httpd-users mailing list archives

From "i.t" <...@ithum.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] requesting help w/ mod_proxy and tomcat
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:07:20 GMT
msg Mittwoch, 2. Oktober 2002 12:04 by Sundar Narasimhan:
> We're using ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse, but for some reason Tomcat (on
> the internal server) sees each request as coming from a different
> browser (or something).
>
> Is there any way I can debug this? (is mod_proxy the right thing to be
> using here?)

Well -you're probably using Apache 1.3.2x
There is a far better mod_proxy implementation in httpd2.0.42;

You may also look into the archive at
http://www.apache.org/mail/modproxy-dev/

Furthermore there is something on the squid site what is probably of interest
for you.
see
http://devel.squid-cache.org/rproxy/
and have a look to the icap project
what is rewriting URLs on the fly.

Please let me know if you have any success.

BTW: the spam filter what I've setup on my mailserver didn't allow direct
email to you:
<sundar@ascent.com>: host cheyenne.ascent.com[12.38.195.132] said: 550 Mail
    from 217.227.131.89 refused by blackhole site rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org

Regards
i.t

--
 . ___