httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] rewriting http to https
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:31:04 GMT
Bill:

> What is Rewrite's LogLevel?

I hadn't set that.  I assumed there would be a default level.  I'll try
explicitly giving it one.

> Also, try -
>
> ^/(.*)  https://www.domain.com/$1   [NC,P]

I thought about this.  I understand the "no case" idea and I will do that.
The "P" setting sounds like it would go and grab the object from the other
URL without actually redirecting the user.  I would think the connection
from the server to the client would still be http then.  I assume the only
way to get the client to switch over to SSL would be to use an external
redirect (the "R" setting).  Thoughts?

 ~ Robert