httpd-users mailing list archives

From cm...@fas.harvard.edu
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Performance Windows vs Linux...
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 01:48:11 GMT
I am currently running a web application using Apache 2.0.39 and Tomcat on
Windows 2000.  I am putting together a proposal to migrate from Windows to
Linux.  The main motivation for this move is stability and to resolve some
flakiness that occurs with multicast and Windows 2000.  In order to make an
informed decision I would love to include some peformance benchmarks in my
comparision.  However, I have been unable to find any benchmarks regarding
Apache performance between Windows 2000 and Linux.  Anybody know of any?

Thanks
Chris