httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ian Stuart <Ian.Stu...@ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] installation trouble
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:01:06 GMT
On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 15:38, Dan Stephens wrote:
>     I'm running RH 7.2 on my server and was running 1.3.something.
Redhat 7.2 (i386..)

> -I installed httpd-2.0.40 from a tarball and I think I did it correctly
> (tar xvf, make, make install, make clean, ./configure), but my box
> still doesn't seem to be able to find it (service start httpd comes
> back with httpd isn't installed
OK, assuming you've typed this correctly, you havn't installed it
correctly :)

I always do my installs as a non-root user, installing relative to the
"home directory" of the user.

I also configure with APACI.

To see how >I< build apache 2, see
http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/tutorials/apache/index.html#2.x

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty