httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodolfo Segleau <segle...@mechanus.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Recompiling apache - slightly OT
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:36:14 GMT
> ----- Message from jcoby@listingbook.com ---------
>     Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:37:18 -0400
>     From: Jacob Coby <jcoby@listingbook.com>
>  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Recompiling apache
>       To: users@httpd.apache.org
>
> > Now I want to add PHP module with Mysql support
> > What should I do?
> > Should I repeat  the above steps and add the following before compiling
> > apache:
> >
> > $ cd php-4.x.y
> > $ ./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs
> > $ make
> > $ make install
>
> You don't have to recompile apache, just php, and just like you wrote.
> IIRC, mysql compatability is automatically included in php, so you'll just
> need the --with-apxs line.  Be prepared, compiling php takes a while :)
>
> -Jacob

true that php has it's own mysql client, but you have to specify --with-mysql
in any case. It's actually better if you can link the --with-
mysql=/path/to/libs and not use the built in mysql client.

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true is really
true, there would be little hope of advance. - Orville Wright