httpd-users mailing list archives

From Vin Crispo <vcrisp...@sisna.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Running Apache on Red Hat Linux 8.0
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:06:25 GMT

 I'm trying to run Apache on Linux 8.0. When I start httpd it fails. In
 the log file I get the message "Name of Service Not Known. mod_unique:
 unable to find IPv4 address 'of my ip name' ".

 In httpd.conf I put the static IP address that my ISP has given me plus
the port number (80). Are there some other configuration files that need
to be modified. resolv.conf has the dns server ip addresses.

 I've read through most of the usergroups email but did not see a
 problem like mine addressed. I've also read most of the FAQ on the
 Apache web site but do not recognize the type of problem I have.

 Any help is appreciated.

 Vin