httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ian Stuart <Ian.Stu...@ed.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] identifying client IP
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:02:22 GMT
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 22:59, Rick Bushnell wrote:
> Hi All
> anyone know of a way to track a client using a proxy that forwards requests to
> our  server?  I.e There are three boxes involved, but I only have access to the
> web server.  I have NO access to the proxy servers logs.
If it's a bog-standard 1.3.x apache proxy server, you're stuffed.

If it's a 2.0.x server, use the HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR environmental
variable.

Email me direct for URLs that can demonstrate soem of this....

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty