httpd-users mailing list archives

From Juha Ylitalo <juha.o.ylit...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Filesize/MD5 mismatches, when using Apache proxy... (PROBLEM IS BACK)
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 12:51:30 GMT
On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 09:07, Juha Ylitalo wrote:
> At least these two cases started to work correctly for me, once I added
> tgz and fs to application/octet-stream in my Apache configuration and
> restarted my Apache.

Seems like I was over optimistic about fix. I still experience same
situation when I try to download kern-GENERIC_LAPTOP.tgz from
ftp://ftp.se.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/i386/binary/sets/
Situation meaning that after download filesize and md5 are pure crap,
but once I run it through 'cat fname1 | sed "s/.$//" > fname2",
filesize and md5 on fname2 are what they SHOULD HAVE BEEN in fname1. :(

In my Apache config, I have following situation:
bash-2.05a$ grep tgz *
httpd.conf:    AddIcon /icons/compressed.gif .Z .z .tgz .gz .zip
httpd.conf:    #AddDescription "GZIP compressed tar archive" .tgz
httpd.conf:    AddEncoding x-gzip gz tgz
httpd.conf:    AddType application/x-tar .tgz
mime.types:application/octet-stream     bin dms lha lzh exe class so dll tgz fs

Since appearantly, httpd can't let my files go through untouched, its
time to say bon voyage to Apache proxy ... :(

--
Juha Ylitalo                 juha.ylitalo@iki.fi                <e-mail>
+358 40 562 6152 <mobile>    http://www.iki.fi/jylitalo         <www>