httpd-users mailing list archives

From Juha Ylitalo <juha.o.ylit...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Filesize/MD5 mismatches, when using Apache proxy... (SOLUTION)
Date Sun, 13 Oct 2002 06:07:17 GMT
On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 22:37, Juha Ylitalo wrote:
> In my homesystem, I have FreeBSD box (4.7-RELEASE) with Apache
> 1.3.27(+mod_ssl+jakarta+...) as ftp/http proxy between my home network
> and internet. On daily surfing, things mostly work nicely, but when I
> try to download *BSD stuff into my home network machines, I keep on
> finding files, which filesize and/or MD5 sum doesn't match with expected
> results. As concrete examples, when I try to download games.tgz from
> ftp://ftp.se.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/i386/binary/sets/, I get
> file, which size (according to ls) is 2945652 bytes, while it should
> have been 2934770 bytes.
> Also if I download floppyC31.fs from
> ftp://ftp.fi.debian.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.1/i386/, I get file, which size is
> 1479689 bytes instead of 1474560 bytes.

At least these two cases started to work correctly for me, once I added
tgz and fs to application/octet-stream in my Apache configuration and
restarted my Apache.

--
Juha Ylitalo                 juha.ylitalo@iki.fi                <e-mail>
+358 40 562 6152 <mobile>    http://www.iki.fi/jylitalo         <www>