httpd-users mailing list archives

From Juha Ylitalo <juha.o.ylit...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject [users@httpd] Filesize/MD5 mismatches, when using Apache proxy...
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:37:28 GMT
In my homesystem, I have FreeBSD box (4.7-RELEASE) with Apache
1.3.27(+mod_ssl+jakarta+...) as ftp/http proxy between my home network
and internet. On daily surfing, things mostly work nicely, but when I
try to download *BSD stuff into my home network machines, I keep on
finding files, which filesize and/or MD5 sum doesn't match with expected
results. As concrete examples, when I try to download games.tgz from
ftp://ftp.se.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/i386/binary/sets/, I get
file, which size (according to ls) is 2945652 bytes, while it should
have been 2934770 bytes.
Also if I download floppyC31.fs from
ftp://ftp.fi.debian.org/pub/OpenBSD/3.1/i386/, I get file, which size is
1479689 bytes instead of 1474560 bytes.

Even though I probably should be looking for squid to solve this
problem, I would be curious to know what is causing this. Any ideas?

Here is mod_proxy part from my httpd.conf:
<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
    ProxyRequests On

    <Directory proxy:*>
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from .st-paul
    </Directory>
    ProxyVia On
    CacheRoot "/usr/local/www/proxy"
    CacheSize 5
    CacheGcInterval 4
    CacheMaxExpire 24
    CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
    CacheDefaultExpire 1
    NoCache a_domain.com another_domain.edu joes.garage_sale.com

</IfModule>

--
Juha Ylitalo                 juha.ylitalo@iki.fi                <e-mail>
+358 40 562 6152 <mobile>    http://www.iki.fi/jylitalo         <www>